|Wednesday, April 27, 2011 12:50 PM|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- Daphne from Scooby-Doo. Helloooo nurse!
- Annie Wu draws Dr. Mrs. The Monarch.
- A typically wonderful rendition of Emma Frost by Dan Hipp.
- Chris Samnee slaps down an amazing sketch of Captain America on Comic Twart. You know what that means: Cap is this week's selection! Awesome. (Also check out Samnee's wonderful, old school-style sketch of Dr. Doom and Mr. Fantastic fighting.)
- Arnold's returning to the Terminator franchise. On the one hand, I wouldn't mind having him back for old time's sake. But on the other hand, how do you explain a robot aging? And what else are you going to bring to the table besides Arnold? If there's not a good screenplay and a good director, it doesn't matter much who's in it. I mean, just look at the last Terminator movie. Or, on second thought, don't look at it. It's terrible!
- io9 takes a look at "The unlikely graffiti of Chernobyl."
- A dude who writes Syfy original movies developed a new way to make ice cream.
- The first official, HD trailer for Tarsem Singh's Greek mythology epic, Immortals. Oh my God, it looks so good. I love Singh's other films, and was really looking forward to seeing what he could do with this material and a big budget. Looks like he knocked it out of the park. These are the thrilling, wildly imaginative visuals I've come to expect from this filmmaker. I can't wait to see the complete, final product.
- This io9 article led me to these two interesting pieces: Michael Chabon's appreciation of a wonderful little book I haven't read in ages, The Phantom Toolbooth; and an analysis of why Julie Taymor's Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark failed.
- A couple of dudes were watching Game of Thrones, got into an argument over which of the characters was going to "win" (by which I guess they meant, take the throne and defeat all other challengers?), and it turned into a physical fight that ended with the police arresting one of them. Heh. That's silly, because clearly Jon and Dany are going to win, and I'll throw you through a window if you say anything different.
- The Beastie Boys are streaming their new album right here. You have to go and listen to it right now because it is fantastic.
- Hey, The Autumn Society is teaming up with Dreamworks Animation! Cool!
- I really enjoy the work of artist Katie Shanahan. Here's her version of Frank Miller's Robin.
- Fed up with toasters that don't give you even heating? Check out this round model!
- Water-ski alone with this skier-controlled tow boat. You know, if you're insane.
- A remote-controlled superhero.
- Oh, lord. A post-apocalyptic Zorro movie is on the way.
- Warner Bros. just added $9 million to the effects budget of Green Lantern, apparently as a last minute attempt to make sure the movie lives up to everyone's constantly rising expectations. I can't say this makes me feel particularly optimistic about this movie. You're trying to fix it by piling more effects on top? Yeah, that always works.
- In case you haven't seen it yet, here's the first official picture from the set of The Avengers, which started production the other day. Woo!
- Replacing the dialog in various scenes from Star Wars with depressing, existential French philosophy is surprisingly hilarious.
- Super Punch presents an illustration roundup and an image roundup.
- I posted these to Twitter the other day, but here they are again because they're awesome: cover art for a new limited series from Marvel called Red Skull.
- I love that we're bringing back the old William Castle theatrics and actually installing movie theater seats that shake you around for Super 8. Of course, they're probably doing this because they're desperate and feel they have to pull out all the stops anymore to get you away from your TV, your computer, and your smart phone and into the movie theater. But still.
- "Bacon-Fat Keyboard Lets Real Birds Tweet." It's about time!
- The art of Dushan Milic.
|Tagged (?): Animals (Not), Art (Not), Avengers (Not), Books (Not), Captain America (Not), Cartoons (Not), Celebrities (Not), Comedy (Not), Comic books (Not), Crime (Not), Food (Not), Gadgets (Not), Game of Thrones (Not), Green Lantern (Not), Links (Not), Michael Chabon (Not), Monsters (Not), Movies (Not), Mythology (Not), News (Not), Philosophy (Not), Products (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Science (Not), Scooby-Doo (Not), Spider-Man (Not), Star Wars (Not), Technology (Not), Terminator (Not), TV (Not), Twitter (Not), Video (Not), X-Men (Not)|