|Thursday, February 18, 2010 10:44 AM|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- The Zatoichi movies are on Hulu!! Zatoichi is a blind swordsman who kicks ass and there's a whole slew of movies about him that are really famous and popular in Japan. I will definitely have to watch some of these when I get the chance. (Via)
- I remember reading a while back about the possibility of a mobile phone/music player that could be controlled by your eye movements, and now they've got a prototype. Crazy! (Via)
- Photos of the lack of something are always interesting. Here are pictures of Sao Paulo, a city where outdoor advertising has been banned. (Via)
- My caption for this photo: "All right, all right, shove over! It's my turn to ride the giant dead fish."
- Amazing photos from the International Space Station, including one of the recently installed cupola viewing window, which looks like a TIE Fighter cockpit.
- Using the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider, scientists have succeeded in smashing together gold ions, an impact that "creates matter of such high temperatures that protons and neutrons melt down into their constituent parts: a plasma of quarks and gluons.... This 'soup' is thought to have filled the universe for fractions of a second after its creation, before cooling into protons and neutrons."
- The hedge fund that bought the rights to Terminator is now accepting pitches from studios.
- New stills from the Tekken movie reveal that the filmmakers got real, actual people to wear those ridiculous outfits from the video game. They also seem to have made some of the outfits even more ridiculous!
- Check out the trailer for The Last Lovecraft: Relic of Cthulhu. This is a comedy that'll be released later this year about the last living relative of H.P. Lovecraft. He discovers that the author's monsters are real and that, in order to save mankind from the release of Cthulhu, he and his buddies have to protect an alien relic. The movie doesn't look that good, but being a Lovecraft fan, I feel almost honor-bound to see it.
- They're remaking some crazy martial arts movie from the '80s called The Last Dragon, and the new one will star Rihanna and Samuel L. Jackson.
- SheldonShirts.com provides links to buy the best nerdy T-shirts that the character Sheldon wears on The Big Bang Theory. (Via)
- A mashup of two very different Dexters.
- Hasbro's new, giant, 24-inch tall AT-AT looks pretty amazing. And here's a rundown of the other good, bad, and ugly Star Wars toys coming out.
- A report from the set of Clash of the Titans. Bubo is back! Pegasus is black! Excitement!
- Wonderful fantasy animal art, and a funny, Star Wars-related story from Mike "Gabe" Krahulik about his son.
- Cool Wonderland travel poster, and a couple of excellent entries to Super Punch's Cheshire Cat art contest.
- "[Steven] Spielberg is negotiating with Fox to produce a sci-fi series about a family from the future that travels 150 million years back in time to visit prehistoric Earth." The assumption is that they would be running from dinosaurs, a la Jurassic Park. Nice.
- A prequel comic to The Darkest of the Hillside Thicket's excellent concept album, Spaceship Zero, is on its way. It'll be released next month in an anthology called Exploded View from Cloudscape Comics.
- Sounds like the new Riddick movie would be a return to the series' roots and would see everybody's favorite vision-enhanced criminal fighting monsters on an alien planet.
|Tagged (?): Advertising (Not), Aliens (Not), Art (Not), Clothing (Not), Comedy (Not), Comic books (Not), Dinosaurs (Not), Gadgets (Not), Links (Not), Lovecraft (Not), Martial arts (Not), Mashups (Not), Movies (Not), Music (Not), News (Not), Photography (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Science (Not), Shirts (Not), Space (Not), Star Wars (Not), Technology (Not), Terminator (Not), Toys (Not), TV (Not), Video (Not), Wonderland (Not)|
Welcome to the blog of Jim Genzano, writer, web developer, husband, father, and enjoyer of things like the internet, movies, music, games, and books. For a more detailed run-down of who I am and what goes on here, read this
Most Popular Entries
- It's a Boy!!
(23 thumbs up, 14 comments)
- On the Viewer - Game of Thrones (Episode 1 - "Winter Is Coming")
(25 thumbs up, 1 comment)
- Hey, So...
(15 thumbs up, 15 comments)
- Book Report - Boy in Darkness and Other Stories and Mervyn Peake: Writings & Drawings
(19 thumbs up, 1 comment)
(14 thumbs up, 0 comments)
(14 thumbs up, 0 comments)
(13 thumbs up, 1 comment)
- Batman...Keeps Going!
(1 thumb up, 22 comments)
- Griffin's Laws
(12 thumbs up, 0 comments)
- That new feature I was talking about...
(10 thumbs up, 3 comments)
- Main feed:
- You can also click any tag to find feeds that include just posts with that tag.