|Friday, October 8, 2010 10:28 AM|
|(Last updated on Friday, October 8, 2010 10:30 AM)|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- You can buy actual versions of fake products from the virtual world of NCIS. The farting hippo is great, but outrageously expensive. What's really tempting is the Caf-Pow. (Via poppy)
- Craig Ferguson, the robot Geoff Petersen, Adam Savage, Jamie Hyneman, puppets, and friends perform Modern English's "I Melt With You." Utterly ridiculous.
- Looks like we finally know why the honeybees are all dying off. So I guess sci-fi shows have to stop making up crazy reasons for that.
- Pride And Prejudice And Zombies just lost its director and its star, and Gravity is also without its main actress again. Poor movies.
- Looks like a pretty clever coffee cup holder.
- Firefly reunion on the set of Chuck! Aww. *sniff*
- Hilarious video imagines what it must be like to be Nicolas Cage's agent.
- A new, longer trailer for The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Wow! Apparently I don't remember that book at all.
- A schoolgirl wrote a letter to Johnny Depp asking for help with a mutiny, and he showed up at her school in full Jack Sparrow regalia. Pretty awesome.
- Need a quick, cheap Halloween costume? Super Punch is hooking you up with links to a ton of downloadable masks.
- Great Star Wars/Calvin and Hobbes mashup T-shirt. Speaking of Star Wars, here's the "Imperial Minigolf Final Exam."
- On November 11th, to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Super Mario Bros., Nintendo will release a limited-edition Mario-red version of its Wii console in Japan. It will include an exclusive version of the game with altered graphics. Nintendo doesn't seem to have revealed what all the alterations will be, but click through for a screenshot featuring item blocks with the number 25 written on them.
- The title kind of says it all, but nevertheless, here is the (NSFW) trailer for Nude Nuns with Big Guns.
- Dude, this is amazing news: a new supergroup called Wild Flag has come to life, comprised of Mary Timony of Helium, Rebecca Cole of The Minders, and - most importantly as far as I'm concerned - Janet Weiss and Carrie Brownstein of Sleater-Kinney!! Sleater-Kinney is sort of back! Wild Flag's Facebook page is here. Woo hoo!
- Audio from a 1950s educational film strip about how to go out on a date is mashed up with footage from Star Wars in this brilliant and hilarious video.
- Velma's back - and she wants revenge!!
- Wow. I thought Secretariat looked like it might be an okay, if cliched, inspirational sports drama, but it sounds awful.
|Tagged (?): Art (Not), Books (Not), Celebrities (Not), Clothing (Not), Comedy (Not), Costumes (Not), Drink (Not), Firefly (Not), Halloween (Not), Holiday (Not), Links (Not), Mario (Not), Mashups (Not), Movies (Not), Music (Not), Narnia (Not), News (Not), Nintendo (Not), Photography (Not), Products (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Science (Not), Shirts (Not), Star Wars (Not), TV (Not), Video (Not), Video games (Not), Wii (Not)|
Welcome to the blog of Jim Genzano, writer, web developer, husband, father, and enjoyer of things like the internet, movies, music, games, and books. For a more detailed run-down of who I am and what goes on here, read this
Most Popular Entries
- It's a Boy!!
(23 thumbs up, 14 comments)
- On the Viewer - Game of Thrones (Episode 1 - "Winter Is Coming")
(25 thumbs up, 1 comment)
- Hey, So...
(15 thumbs up, 15 comments)
- Book Report - Boy in Darkness and Other Stories and Mervyn Peake: Writings & Drawings
(19 thumbs up, 1 comment)
(14 thumbs up, 0 comments)
(14 thumbs up, 0 comments)
(13 thumbs up, 1 comment)
- Batman...Keeps Going!
(1 thumb up, 22 comments)
- Griffin's Laws
(12 thumbs up, 0 comments)
- That new feature I was talking about...
(10 thumbs up, 3 comments)
- Main feed:
- You can also click any tag to find feeds that include just posts with that tag.