|Thursday, October 15, 2009 05:21 PM|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- You know what show was awesome? Sifl & Olly. Check out the clip above (via). And here's another, even longer clip (via).
- Neill Cameron is starting a new illustration project: he picks a Twitter trending topic and draws a comic about it. It's Hashtag Funnies! Here are the first two entries.
- Could this be the world's smallest R2-D2? (Via)
- This is great: photos of all the known Game of Thrones cast members. (Via)
- Ninja riding a turkey! It doesn't have to make sense! JUST LOVE IT! (Via)
- Um... the American military has lightsabers?? (Via)
- Plush mustaches! Awesome! (Via Sarah)
- Eric Idle performs "Always Look On the Bright Side of Life" with The Roots. The other members of Monty Python are also in attendance. Terry Jones and Terry Gilliam dance with each other! (Via Sarah)
- You can download a track here by the Klingon Eminem, Klenginem. (Via)
- Hilarious poster alteration. (Via)
- Fantastic medieval-style painting of Mario and friends. (Via)
- Another memo from Adelle DeWitt. A subtext is beginning to develop... (Via)
- Look out! Giant bunneh!
- Awesome T-shirts.
- Even Bill Murray is skeptical about Ghostbusters 3. That doesn't seem like a good sign.
- A promo video/trailer for Syfy's upcoming Alice in Wonderland reimagining. Hmm. Looks a bit cheesy, actually. :(
- Scientists figure there are at least 10^10^10^7 universes in the multiverse.
- Behind-the-scenes video on The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus.
- Anatomical cross-sections of giant Japanese monsters.
- Pretty excellent narrated slideshow of amazing photos from early Star Trek conventions. (Via)
- Pretty exciting new images from Daybreakers, which looks like it might be a very interesting vampire film.
- Video of a steampunk toilet.
- A gallery of entertainingly defaced paper money. I particularly like the Tron-ified Abe Lincoln.
- A gorilla made of coat hangers.
- A weird, disturbing stop-motion/paper-flipping animated video. NSFW due to gore and sexual references.
- 9 of the grossest, goriest X-Files creatures. Guess it's been a while since I watched that show, because I remembered almost none of these. Except Eugene Tooms, of course. He's awesome.
- Pretty cool demonstration of technology that uses a simple web cam to copy facial expressions made by a player and map them onto a game character.
- Dude jammed a 1GB flash drive into an old NES controller, and then locked the drive down so that in order to access it you have to enter the Konami Code. Brilliant!
- A metareview of Brütal Legend.
- As Warren Ellis says, this site about a mysterious man who has supposedly appeared in the dreams of many people all over the world is probably BS, but it's a fascinating and eerie concept, anyway.
- A virtual tour of what I remember being one of my favorite Disney attractions: Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. (Via)
- This auction will probably be over by the time I get a chance to post this, or you get a chance to read it, but I'm still fascinated that George Lucas' used Starbucks cup is up for sale on eBay. (Via)
- Bai Ling's seven favorite Bai Ling love scenes.
- The trailer for Mel Gibson's next movie, The Edge of Darkness. Looks like a pretty standard revenge thriller, except everybody has to talk with fake Boston accents. I think I'll skip it.
- Two Chinese scientists made an artificial, desktop-sized black hole.
- Now here's a great headline: "Scientists Scan the Brains of Mice Playing Quake."
- Well this sounds cool: Opera 10 comes with something called Opera Unite, which is basically a web server that runs inside your browser.
- A lawyer for the group that sponsored a ban on gay marriage, when asked by the judge how gay marriage threatens traditional marriage, had to admit he did not know. Heh. (Via)
|Tagged (?): Animals (Not), Art (Not), Celebrities (Not), Clothing (Not), Comedy (Not), Cosplay (Not), Costumes (Not), Dollhouse (Not), George R.R. Martin (Not), Ghostbusters (Not), Homosexuality (Not), Law (Not), Links (Not), Mario (Not), Movies (Not), News (Not), Photography (Not), Puppets (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Robots (Not), Science (Not), Shirts (Not), Song of Ice and Fire (Not), Star Trek (Not), Star Wars (Not), Technology (Not), Toys (Not), TV (Not), Twitter (Not), Video (Not), Video games (Not), Web comics (Not), Wonderland (Not), X-Files (Not)|
Welcome to the blog of Jim Genzano, writer, web developer, husband, father, and enjoyer of things like the internet, movies, music, games, and books. For a more detailed run-down of who I am and what goes on here, read this
Most Popular Entries
- It's a Boy!!
(23 thumbs up, 14 comments)
- On the Viewer - Game of Thrones (Episode 1 - "Winter Is Coming")
(25 thumbs up, 1 comment)
- Hey, So...
(15 thumbs up, 15 comments)
- Book Report - Boy in Darkness and Other Stories and Mervyn Peake: Writings & Drawings
(19 thumbs up, 1 comment)
(14 thumbs up, 0 comments)
(14 thumbs up, 0 comments)
(13 thumbs up, 1 comment)
- Batman...Keeps Going!
(1 thumb up, 22 comments)
- Griffin's Laws
(12 thumbs up, 0 comments)
- That new feature I was talking about...
(10 thumbs up, 3 comments)
- Main feed:
- You can also click any tag to find feeds that include just posts with that tag.