|Monday, November 19, 2012 10:44 AM|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- If you have not been to the Windows 95 Tips, Tricks, and Tweaks Tumblr yet, you are missing out on something seriously disturbing and hilarious. Here is a representative sample.
- Pretty cool collection of GIFs highlighting the major characters from Return of the Jedi.
- Speaking of GIFs, I still deeply love flux machine. A couple of vaguely recent entries. That long, anxious moment as you wait for the GIF to do something creepy might be the best part.
- 72-year-old grandfather models women's clothes for his granddaughter's clothing line. Pretty bad-ass.
- Great redesign of Darth Vader.
- Here's an idea for a new James Bond film: Idris Elba as James Bond and Tom Hiddleston as the villain. All kidding aside, that would be amazing.
- Some great classic monster movies got redesigned posters on Reelizer lately. Here's The Mummy, a couple of Frankensteins, and an Invisible Man.
- You probably already saw this amazing photo floating around somewhere or other (like on any or all of my social media platforms). But have you seen the Spockified version??
- Brad Bird was forced to confirm on Twitter - numerous times! - that he is not directing Star Wars VII. Ah, well. It was a lovely dream while it lasted.
- Maybe people will finally wake up to the dangers of climate change when wild coffee starts going extinct? What a horrifying thought.
- Pretty amazing photo. And they went to a lot of trouble to get the shot, so worth a click.
- Fun toy roundup on Super Punch. Tis the season and so forth.
- Reimagining Snow White as an anarchist.
- A Stardust the Super Wizard action figure! There's a Kickstarter to make this a reality.
|Tagged (?): Animated GIFs (Not), Art (Not), Celebrities (Not), Comedy (Not), Comic books (Not), Computers (Not), Disney (Not), Environment (Not), Fashion (Not), James Bond (Not), Links (Not), Movies (Not), News (Not), Photography (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Star Trek (Not), Star Wars (Not), Toys (Not)|
|Wednesday, May 6, 2009 01:02 PM|
|The Hulk Thought of the Day|
| by Hulk|
Hulk can't believe Hulk still seeing so many puny humans rolling out of supermarket with carts full of plastic bags. If puny humans can afford to buy that many groceries, puny humans can afford to buy reusable shopping bags. If puny humans keep hurting Earth like that, pretty soon Hulk hurt them back.
|Friday, December 21, 2007 08:43 AM|
| by Fëanor|
I'm putting this story in this morning's news post on Phillyist. The gist is that the EPA is actually blocking states from imposing their own, stricter emissions limits on new automobiles. Bush is the one ultimately behind the EPA's ruling, and I'm sure he has some bullshit, carefully spun reason why he says he's doing it, but I'm also sure that the real reason is because stricter limits would be hard on the automobile manufacturers, and those manufacturers have a strong lobby.
The more I think about this story, the more furious I become. I firmly believe that America could have global warming and all of our other energy and environmental problems solved at this point if we had simply banded together and put all our resources and intelligence to bear on the problem. The last time we did that, we got to the moon in a little metal bucket run by computers not even as powerful as the one I'm writing this on right now. We can fix this. The power is in our hands. We're just not doing it, because a bunch of short-sighted idiots want to make as much money as possible before the world starts burning up.
And now some state governments have come along and actually tried to take a positive, if small, step along the road to solving things, and the US government has actually stopped them. That is the stupidest, most infuritating thing I've ever heard.
Welcome to the blog of Jim Genzano, writer, web developer, husband, father, and enjoyer of things like the internet, movies, music, games, and books. For a more detailed run-down of who I am and what goes on here, read this
Most Popular Entries
- It's a Boy!!
(23 thumbs up, 14 comments)
- On the Viewer - Game of Thrones (Episode 1 - "Winter Is Coming")
(25 thumbs up, 1 comment)
- Hey, So...
(15 thumbs up, 15 comments)
- Book Report - Boy in Darkness and Other Stories and Mervyn Peake: Writings & Drawings
(19 thumbs up, 1 comment)
(14 thumbs up, 0 comments)
(14 thumbs up, 0 comments)
(13 thumbs up, 1 comment)
- Batman...Keeps Going!
(1 thumb up, 22 comments)
- Griffin's Laws
(12 thumbs up, 0 comments)
- That new feature I was talking about...
(10 thumbs up, 3 comments)
- Main feed:
- You can also click any tag to find feeds that include just posts with that tag.