|Friday, January 21, 2011 10:52 AM|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- Evan Shaner wishes a happy birthday to Comic Twart by posting a representative image for every theme chosen in the blog's first year.
- Dan Hipp illustrates one of my favorite moments from Return of the Jedi.
- Somebody made a board game version of a tower defense game. Sounds like it's pretty cool, too.
- Baby-sized TARDIS! I feel like Griffin should have one of these.
- I've been reading a collection of old Russian folk tales, so it was interesting to find this post about an upcoming novel that re-envisions the stories of old Russian folk figures. You can read an excerpt here. It takes the elements of Russian folk tales - the repetitions (often in threes), the moments of sudden and inexplicable magic - and analyzes and re-imagines them in the context of communism and socialism. It's absolutely fantastic.
- Now that a mad scientist is cloning a woolly mammoth, io9 has suggestions for some other extinct animals we might want to bring back.
- Fringe fans just have to love this "Walter is my homeboy" T-shirt. Because you know what? Walter is my homeboy.
- Good news, everyone! NBC has ordered a pilot for Ron Moore's police show set in a world ruled by magic - Precinct 17.
- Sounds like Marvel is once again making an attempt to turn Black Panther into a movie.
- The bikini- and carnage-filled trailer for the DVD/blu-ray release of the modern classic, Sharktopus, complete with catchy beach rock theme song.
- As the entire world knows by now, Anne Hathaway will be Catwoman and Tom Hardy will be Bane in the next Batman movie. It took me a while to mull this news over. I haven't seen Anne Hathaway in much. She seems a bit goody-goody to play Catwoman, but hey, she's an actress! She should be able to pretend to not be goody-goody, the way actresses do. Tom Hardy seems a bit of an odd choice, too, for a monstrous, wrestler-type villain, but Tom Hardy is awesome, and also pretty damn ripped, so I think he can pull it off. Plus, Christopher Nolan's instincts are pretty damn good as far as these things are concerned (anybody remember Heath Ledger, the best Joker ever?), so I'm cautiously optimistic.
- The 1600th episode of Laugh-Out-Loud Cats is pretty mind-blowing, you guys.
- Dark Horse/Mike Mignola need to hire Enrique Alcatena to draw a Hellboy book RIGHT NOW. I'm just saying. This guy is GOOD.
- Someone has invented a game that's a combination of bowling and billiards. That's actually kind of vaguely brilliant.
- Here's a video of someone throwing boiling water into the air somewhere where it's so cold that the water instantly evaporates (or turns to snow, or something - I don't know, I was an English major, not a science... guy).
- You can simulate a fake incoming call with Samsung phones? Hey, I have a Samsung phone!
- A guy attached a tiny video camera to some arrows and shot them with his bow! Nice!
- More and better images from the X-Men: First Class movie.
- Blastr has compiled an impressive list of 83 differences between Fringe's alternate universe and ours.
- Muppets inserted into 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- Cinematical gives us a rundown of at least 13 movies that you can expect to see ads for during the Super Bowl.
- It sounds like Johnny Depp may be taking Robert Downey Jr.'s place in Sam Raimi's Wizard of Oz movie.
- Even for a non-American Idol fan like myself, this recap of the latest American Idol is truly entertaining. I love the quick, spot-on critique of those horrible Bing ads, too.
- Btw, don't worry, George Lucas wasn't really serious about that thing about the world ending in 2012. He claims. He probably just wants to make sure no one goes looking for his secret escape spaceship.
|Tagged (?): Advertising (Not), Animals (Not), Art (Not), Batman (Not), Board games (Not), Books (Not), Celebrities (Not), Clothing (Not), Comic books (Not), Commercials (Not), Craft (Not), Doctor Who (Not), Football (Not), Fringe (Not), Gadgets (Not), Gaming (Not), Hellboy (Not), Links (Not), Lists (Not), Monsters (Not), Movies (Not), Muppets (Not), News (Not), Oz (Not), Phones (Not), Photography (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Shirts (Not), Sports (Not), Star Wars (Not), Super Bowl (Not), Technology (Not), TV (Not), Video (Not), Web comics (Not), X-Men (Not)|