|Thursday, March 25, 2010 09:57 AM|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- Above, please find the thrilling, beautiful, atmospheric trailer for a modern day Western out of Australia called Red Hill. I need to see this. (Via)
- Damn it, now I might have to watch Clone Wars again. There's an episode coming up that features a teenage Boba Fett. (Also, it's been 30 years since Empire Strikes Back?? That hurts me in my heart.) (Via)
- A twisted web comic: Alien vs. Pooh. I got to page 26 before the thing crapped out on me. I think the site might be overwhelmed by heavy traffic. (Via)
- A preview of the upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D. #1 seems to feature Imhotep vs. the Brood, Zhang Heng vs. a giant robot samurai, and Leonardo Da Vinci vs. Galactus. Holy crap!!! (Via)
- Pretty great new Arctic Monkeys track called "My Propeller." The band seems to be settling down and getting a bit more serious. (Via)
- Getting a character lost in time is the new thing to do in comic books these days. Here's a gallery of covers that show Iron Man travelling through time.
- Cargo sounds like a pretty amazing movie. Looking forward to it.
- Wish you could "improve" every video you own with Star Trek-style lens flares? Well, you're in luck! There's an app for that!
- Dude! The next album on Beck's Record Club list is one of my favorites of all time: Kick by INXS. Every track on this album is a hit. I'm really looking forward to hearing them all get covered. First up is "Guns in the Sky."
- Marvel will be celebrating Avengers Day at comic book shops across the nation on May 19th. Besides offering various Avengers-related memorabilia, Marvel will also be launching five new Avengers books that day: Avengers by Brian Michael Bendis and John Romita Jr.; New Avengers by Bendis and Stuart Immonen; Secret Avengers by Ed Brubaker and Mike Deodato; Avengers Academy by Christos Gage and Mike McKone; and Avengers Prime, a miniseries by Bendis and Alan Davis. Well, I can definitely avoid Academy because I'm not a fan of Gage's work, and I definitely want to try Secret Avengers, because Brubaker and Deodato are both fantastic talents. The rest I'll have to flip through and consider.
- Dinoogle is Google, but with dinosaurs. Boom! (Via)
- Some details on what Avatar's deleted scenes contain, and when and how we might see them.
- I'm not sure what kind of card game Space-O is, but I kind of want to play it.
- I love this Magritte-inspired Magic the Gathering card. The Buckminster Fuller one is pretty great, too.
- Cute, fun greeting card designs, and an excellent illustration of some urban legends (although they're really more mythical beasts than urban legends). (Via)
- Pixar veteran Brad Bird might direct Mission: Impossible IV.
- That Buck Rogers remake that was talked about a while back is being revived, now in 3D (natch) with Paul W.S. Anderson at the helm. Seeing as how Frank Miller was the one guy originally attached to the film, this might actually be a step up.
- A weird new meme: Release the Kraken! (Via)
- The story of the life of a plastic bag, as narrated by Werner Herzog. Good lord.
|Tagged (?): Aliens (Not), Animals (Not), Art (Not), Cartoons (Not), Comedy (Not), Comic books (Not), Dinosaurs (Not), Gaming (Not), Google (Not), Internet (Not), Iron Man (Not), Links (Not), Monsters (Not), Movies (Not), Music (Not), News (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Star Trek (Not), Star Wars (Not), SW:TCW (Not), TV (Not), Video (Not), Web comics (Not)|