|Monday, February 15, 2010 11:36 AM|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- In honor of Valentine's Day I present, above, the venerable "Crunchy Frog" sketch from Monty Python's Flying Circus. Enjoy those chocolate assortments, folks! And while we're talking about the holiday, check out some geek (via) and Mr. Freeze-themed Valentines.
- This Nic Cage as Everyone entry is particularly well done, and particularly appropriate: Nic Cage as Mola Ram!
- Trailer for an intriguing-looking YA fantasy movie called Lost for Words.
- A gallery of photos of the toys and games presented by Hasbro at the Toy Fair. I'm particularly amused by the Iron Man 2-themed version of Operation.
- Sounds like Fringe is in danger of being cancelled. There won't be any TV shows left that I look forward to watching regularly if that one goes.
- A video anthology of werewolf transformations. Slightly NSFW.
- There's going to be a third Riddick movie. I'm not sure how to feel about this news. I loved the first movie, and although the second one had a lot of problems, it did have some great ideas and a great ending. So I'll remain cautiously optimistic for now.
- Neil Marshall's got a new movie on the way called Centurion, about a small band of survivors of a brutal attack on a Roman legion trying to escape enemy territory and make their way home. Here's the trailer. Eh. Could be all right. Although I'm not a big fan of the Romans being the good guys. (Via)
- The latest Let's Be Friends Again takes my favorite page of Siege #2 and makes it even better. If only this could happen in real life.
- Mike Mignola was brought in for a week to lend a hand on pre-production designs for The Hobbit. Yay!
- Amusing stop-motion animated video made using T-shirts.
- A thorough examination of the Toy Story 3 trailer and all its Easter Eggs. Totoro has a cameo! (Via)
- The official website for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is live. (Via)
- Heh. Concept art for an imaginary McDonalds-themed video game. (Via)
- Posters and other bits of art Photoshopped to give them a Star Trek theme. (Via)
- Leonardo Da Vinci, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Yes, This is a real thing Marvel is doing. I'm vaguely interested. (Via)
- Images and video of a Cabinet of Dr. Caligari puppet show.
- A space cat riding a dinosaur. Now that's a T-shirt!
|Tagged (?): Animals (Not), Art (Not), Board games (Not), Cartoons (Not), Cats (Not), Celebrities (Not), Clothing (Not), Comedy (Not), Comic books (Not), Dinosaurs (Not), Fringe (Not), Harry Potter (Not), Hayao Miyazaki (Not), Holiday (Not), Indiana Jones (Not), Links (Not), Mike Mignola (Not), Monsters (Not), Monty Python (Not), Movies (Not), News (Not), Photography (Not), Pixar (Not), Politics (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Shirts (Not), Siege (Not), Star Trek (Not), Tolkien (Not), Toys (Not), TV (Not), Video (Not), Web comics (Not)|