|Monday, October 5, 2009 03:18 PM|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- Above, please find animation from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon combined with audio from The Big Lebowski. Pretty funny; needless to say, the audio is NSFW. (Via)
- 10 books that should be banned. I've only read one of these, but as far as that one goes, I agree! (Via)
- Cool sculptures.
- A trailer for what should be a pretty interesting documentary - Lovecraft: Fear of the Unknown.
- 6 important life lessons learned from The Twilight Zone.
- One or more episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation are recut into a pretty brutal, but also pretty funny, Wesley Crusher hatefest.
- Looks like MGM has been given some time to work out its money problems, which hopefully means the studio will be able to finish making the Hobbit movies.
- Sci Fi Wire lists its 9 favorite crazy zombie kills of all time, and Underwire rates the zombie-killing weapons in Zombieland.
- Eric Powell and his girlfriend, and real roller girl, Ramb0 Samb0 review Whip It. (Via)
- Awesome Bossk collectibles. (Via)
- A preview of five pages from Ghost Riders: Heaven's on Fire #3. (Via)
- Wireless brain implants could mean a big upgrade in the control of prosthetic robotic limbs. (Via)
- Aww, cute little felt Admiral Ackbar. (Via)
- A couple of photos from the set of Clash of the Titans featuring Liam Neeson as Zeus. Cool! Looks like they're sticking with the metaphor of the Gods controlling humans by moving around figures on a game board. (Via)
- Random photo! (Via)
- Monty Python's Flying Circus is turning 40! In honor of this prestigious occasion, the Mirror picks the top ten sketches. Excellent selections! (Via)
- Some surgeons are using laser eye treatments to tailor people's eyes to their careers; for instance, they can give special forces members and fighter pilots the ability to see a thousand meters in the dark. Crazy!
- A poor video quality trailer for yet another upcoming Doctor Who spin-off: K-9. Yes, this time the Doctor's robot dog is getting his own series. Unfortunately, it looks like they're aiming it at kids, so it's pretty cheesy.
- io9 takes a look back at Wednesday Comics. I agree with a lot of this analysis - except I wasn't as much a fan of the Superman and Supergirl strips, and I was a huge fan of Strange Adventures.
- io9 picks 10 more toys for Hollywood to co-opt. I remember almost all of these toy lines with great fondness. Sectaurs! M.A.S.K.! Good stuff. In a similar vein, relive 10 forgotten cartoon heroes of the '60s! I love The Herculoids.
- Star Olivia Wilde talks about her experience filming Tron: Legacy.
- Another book trailer, this one for a coffee table book which tells an alternate history involving a robot named Boilerplate. It's quite clever, and oddly moving.
- A few fleeting hints about the plot for Ghost Rider 2.
- NBC is developing a new show called Midnighters, based on a series of novels "about characters able to access a superpowered 25th hour called the 'Blue Time' each day as a result from being born on the stroke of midnight." Interesting...
- More crazy anti-aging science: researchers may have found a way to activate muscle regeneration and restore tissue health.
- Stellan Skarsgard has joined the cast of Thor in an unspecified role. Excellent! Love that guy.
- Here's a handy bra that turns into a pair of gas masks.
- Did I post this before? I don't know, but it's awesome: dinosaur-skeleton-shaped ice cube trays!
- Impressive ballpoint pen portrait of Christopher Walken.
- Awesome concept car covered in solar panels which turn constantly to align with the sun.
- Sweet piranha plant scarf.
- Sci Fi Wire has 15 of the spookiest breakfast cereals, 14 great Cthulhu toys, and the 10 scariest Stephen King novels.
- I love this list of theories on what caused the flashforwards in the TV show FlashForward. Especially the last one.
- A video explaining Brütal Legend's multiplayer mode.
- Apparently Nintendo will fix Wii consoles that were bricked by System Update 4.2.
- A collection of cool fan-made movie posters.
- Batman on an elephant.
- I love this trash can mod.
- Heh. Pretty hilarious poster.
- Worst day ever?
- Steampunk R2-D2. (Via)
- Cinematical presents a defense of theater-hopping.
- A review of the new 3D Toy Story double feature. I was kind of excited about this, but maybe it's not worth it.
- Here's a list with an odd theme: the seven scariest movie characters on wheels. I'm linking to it mainly because of the reference to Return to Oz, a movie I have an odd attachment to.
- A review of the Coen brothers' A Serious Man. From the ads, this didn't look like my kind of movie, but I do love the Coen brothers, and this is a very positive review...
- So what's really in coffee, anyway?
- Video of an aircraft shooting a truck with a laser.
- A lamp shade made of bacon strips.
|Tagged (?): Animals (Not), Art (Not), Automobiles (Not), Bacon (Not), Batman (Not), Books (Not), Cartoons (Not), Celebrities (Not), Comedy (Not), Comic books (Not), Dinosaurs (Not), Drink (Not), FlashForward (Not), Food (Not), Ghost Rider (Not), Health (Not), Links (Not), Lists (Not), Lovecraft (Not), Movies (Not), News (Not), Photography (Not), Pixar (Not), Products (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Robots (Not), Science (Not), Star Trek (Not), Star Wars (Not), Technology (Not), Tolkien (Not), Toys (Not), TV (Not), Video (Not), Video games (Not), Zombies (Not)|