|Thursday, September 17, 2009 11:26 AM|
|(Last updated on Tuesday, February 2, 2010 09:55 AM)|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- I am seriously loving Animals With Lightsabers, you guys. The video above comes from this post, and here's a great image that recently blazed across the internet, now lightsaberized.
- The headline is "Banana Thief in Gorilla Suit Not Charged." The story itself doesn't really make things any clearer. (Via)
- A wookiee with a puppy. (Via)
- Need some white noise? Here you go. (Via)
- Kanye West interrupting Taylor Swift at the MTV VMAs blew up into a meme pretty much instantly. Here are a few collections of amusing parodies/mashups. You can also have Kanye interrupt your site using kanyelicio.us (via). Check it out.
- The 25 greatest cult TV shows ever. Some good ones in here, like The Tick, Buffy, Doctor Who, The Prisoner, Firefly, The X-Files, Venture Brothers, Veronica Mars, Farscape, MST3K and Police Squad. I don't really understand why I love Police Squad so much, and yet at the same time dislike the Naked Gun movies, but there you go. (Via)
- A review of the script for Joss Whedon's The Cabin in the Woods. I started reading it, since I was promised it would have no spoilers, but it kind of does, so then I stopped. But I think they liked it. (Via)
- Dollhouse promo photo outtakes. They're not the funny, "Oops, I fell over!" kind of outtakes. They're just more, perfectly good photos that they apparently didn't use for some reason. (Via)
- Using giant light cannons to decorate mountains! Awesome. (Via)
- A brilliant, wonderfully understated poster for Jurassic Park.
- Tim Burton is trying to reassure people that his Alice in Wonderland will be perfectly tasteful and Disney-fied. Ugh. I hope he's wrong, or lying!
- Ridley Scott and John Logan, the director and writer who teamed up for Gladiator, might re-team to adapt a vampire novel to film. Cool!
- I'm shamefully excited about The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Here are a couple video previews of the theme park. There better be a lake with a giant squid in it, or I'm gonna want my money back! Finally, although io9's article about the park doesn't really contain any new information, it does have a truly priceless picture of Putin shaking hands with Dobby, and so I link to it.
- Super Punch is doing a new art contest: the horror of Star Wars.
- Cool Darkseid action figure.
- Looks like Jessica Biel is joining the A-Team.
- The first five minutes of Brutal Legend. \m/
- Wonderful Muppets/Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas mashup. (Via)
- Somebody made a song out of the "WHOSE RESPONSIBLE THIS?" meme. It's pretty good! (Via)
- Pretweeting is a game where you buy and sell stock in Twitter trends. (Via)
- A new clip about Surrogates.
- Bunnies, available in three different levels of fuzziness.
- Dinosaur van.
- Facebook has over 300 million users, and is now making enough money to cover its costs. Meanwhile, Twitter was valued at $1 billion and picked up another $50 million in venture capital. Wait a minute... you can make money on the internet??
- The cover, and the alternate cover, for an upcoming one-shot Buffy comic focusing on Willow. One of the covers features a naked lesbian embrace! Huzzah!
- Proof has been found that Earth-like planets can exist outside our solar system. Sweet! Now we just need to figure out a good way to emigrate to one of them before this planet becomes completely uninhabitable.
- Cute Overload has found the ultimate puppy video, and some fantastic animated gifs.
- Video of the D23 presentation about the revamping of Star Tours, including a thrilling video preview of what the ride will be like. They included that bit of the Star Wars soundtrack that gives me chills every time, so I'm sold.
- Dude killed a robber with a samurai sword. I knew there had to be a practical reason to own a sword!
- A video tour of the Marvel Entertainment offices, hosted by editor-in-chief Joe Quesada. (Via)
- Check out this 90-second teaser of the Fringe season premiere, which airs tonight. Exciting! (Via)
- These must have been difficult and painful to pick out: author Dan "Da Vinci Code" Brown's 20 worst sentences. (Via Dan)
- A video playlist of Mythbusters' 10 strangest myths.
- Dude, you get to have a lightsaber when you become president? I totally made the wrong career choice.
- I've posted a number of these My Little Pony superhero mods before, but some of them are new to me, and they're all cool, so... (Via)
- D&D: The Soda. (Via)
- Scientists have cured monkeys of color blindness via gene therapy. (Via)
- Did you know all these people were doing voices for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs? It's a crazy group of celebs.
- Cool concept art that imagines mutant bugs taking over Moscow's subway system.
- "Future Space Explorers Could Commute On Interplanetary Gravity Highways." Sweet!
- Future visions of today's cities. Dude, where's Philly?
- The top 10 most corrupt mayors from science fiction.
- Mostly positive reviews of Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.
- Awesome custom toys. (Via)
- LEGO paper and pencil, and LEGO "This is not a pipe."
- Plush mounted animal heads.
- Illustrations of unusual ways in which curiosity could kill a cat. (Via)
- Scientists could theoretically create quantum creatures in the lab - in other words, make a living thing do two different things at the same time. Woah. (Via)
- Now you can order pizza from your PS3. This is a huge step forward in human evolution, people.
- Google has a plan to let you custom-print millions of public domain books. Very cool.
- As everyone knows, there's a ton of music on the internet. But is there an easy way to access it all? Wired found some cool sites in that vein.
- An extremely useful web page, especially today (which has been declared Talk Like Jabba the Hutt Day by Agent_M): the Jabba the Hutt Soundboard! (Via)
- The dollar bill has a Legend of Zelda Easter Egg! (Via)
|Tagged (?): Animals (Not), Art (Not), Automobiles (Not), Books (Not), Comedy (Not), Comic books (Not), Costumes (Not), Dinosaurs (Not), Dollhouse (Not), Facebook (Not), Fringe (Not), LEGO (Not), Links (Not), Mashups (Not), Movies (Not), Muppets (Not), Music (Not), News (Not), Obama (Not), Photography (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Science (Not), Space (Not), Star Wars (Not), Technology (Not), Toys (Not), TV (Not), Twitter (Not), Video (Not), Video games (Not), Wonderland (Not)|