|Monday, November 26, 2012 01:37 PM|
|(Last updated on Monday, November 26, 2012 02:53 PM)|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- Gifs from Bonniegrrl: two sets of Empire Strikes Back gifs, Metropolis, The Young Ones, Sir Giles of Buffy, and... yeah, I don't know what's going on here.
- Speaking of gifs, here are some unspeakably cute ones of a wombat and a cat and his boy.
- A tiny Santa hedgehog. Eeee!
- Awesome photo of awesome dogs.
- I deeply love this hateful cat.
- Scientists are working on a new RNA-based vaccine that could wipe out the flu forever. Amazing stuff!
- The Max Fleischer Superman cartoons are pretty fantastic, and you can now watch them all on YouTube, legally and everything!
- More cuteness for you, straight from the source (Cute Overload).
- Partly as research for my novel, and partly just because I like them, I've been reading tons of fairy tales and folk tales lately. So I was kind of excited to see that a big-screen, Hollywood adaptation of Jack the Giant Slayer was in the works. But I should have figured that in the process of creating such a thing, they would have added all the typical big-screen, Hollywood trappings to the story. Corny catch-phrases, lame love story, overwhelmingly huge action set pieces, bombastic rhyming prophecies, tons of special effects. Oy. This trailer is just gross.
- Homemade cardboard Star Destroyer!
- I particularly love the second piece in this Super Punch art roundup.
- I really love the sweet and funny Darth Vader and Son by Jeffrey Brown, so it's pretty cool that he's doing a sequel called Vader's Little Princess. There are even holiday-themed downloads!
- I never got into Lemony Snicket, but I've heard great things, and we do have a book we really like written and illustrated by Jon Klassen, so I'm curious about this book that the two of them are collaborating on, The Dark.
- I'm fascinated by devices like this for some reason: a lamp that tells you the weather by recreating it inside your house. (No, it will not actually make it rain.)
- Andrew W.K. has been named the U.S. cultural ambassador to Bahrain. FYI. So they will be partying hard there soon, I assume. UPDATE: Somebody somewhere apparently realized this was kind of a crazy idea and cancelled the whole thing. The world is a sadder place now.
- Ironically, the most frustrating thing about watching this collection of the craziest fake ads from movies is all the real ads stuck in between.
- Holy crap, you guys. NASA is working on a faster-than-light warp drive.
- How to make a fairy room in your house. Awesome idea.
|Tagged (?): Advertising (Not), Animals (Not), Animated GIFs (Not), Art (Not), Buffy (Not), Cartoons (Not), Comedy (Not), Comic books (Not), Commercials (Not), Craft (Not), Dogs (Not), Gadgets (Not), Holiday (Not), Links (Not), Movies (Not), News (Not), Painting (Not), Photography (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Science (Not), Space (Not), Star Wars (Not), Superman (Not), Technology (Not), TV (Not), Video (Not), Weather (Not)|