|Friday, September 24, 2010 10:02 AM|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- ABOVE IS NEW HARRY POTTER TRAILER OH MY GOD IT LOOKS SO GOOD THE END. (Via)
- Heh. I'd watch Star Wars vs. Star Trek.
- The Wachowskis' sci-fi film about the Iraq War, Cobalt Neutral 9, sounds totally insane.
- A TV series spin-off of Goodfellas could be on the way, with the original screenwriter on board to write the pilot. (Via)
- I love the Hellboy/Peanuts mashup.
- This list of the 15 best miniature golf courses includes video of a couple of particularly insane holes.
- Two "micro-episodes" (WTF are those??) of the upcoming animated series The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Things to like about the Iron Man episode: it features a giant tentacled HYDRA robot! Also Tony has a great big Jackson Pollock which moves aside to reveal a great big TV screen. And I like how Tony's Iron Man undershirt looks like it's straight out of Tron. As for the Hulk short, I enjoy that the diner is called Vital Sign. The way they animate Bruce's transformation is cool, too.
- Heh. These superhero/villain hoodies are pretty clever.
- Check out a bunch of trailers for a Bollywood movie called Robot. It looks insane!
- A trailer for the All-Star Superman animated movie. Hard to tell from this if they'll be able to capture what makes the source material so transcendent and revelatory, but we'll see.
- Some art created for George R.R. Martin's short story "And Seven Times Never Kill Man" (which is an okay story; very eerie) is oddly similar to an early concept sketch of Wookiees by Ralph McQuarrie. Did GRRM influence Star Wars?!
- An alternate opening of Iron Man 2. I haven't seen the actual opening of Iron Man 2 yet, but I rather enjoy this version.
- Cool painting.
- Underwire has a preview of Zack Whedon's Terminator 1984, a Dark Horse comic I've been looking forward to.
- How Empire Strikes Back should have ended. Heh.
- Guillermo del Toro wrote a role for Ron Perlman into his adaptation of At the Mountains of Madness. Perlman, if he accepts the part (and he'd better!!), would play the guy in the expedition that cares for the dogs and the sleds. Del Toro describes him this way: "He's sort of a pragmatic guy, doesn't care about science or the mythology or the cosmology. He just is a hard-boiled Nordic man." Fun!
- Supposedly this is Christopher Nolan's short list for directors of the next Superman movie. Of these guys, my vote is for Duncan Jones.
- Another set pic from Captain America features a bad-ass lady shooting at some gangsters. Could it be Peggy Carter, Cap's girlfriend?
- The first official photo from Scream 4. It features the star and the killer, and yet still manages to be kind of boring. Ah, well.
- Star Wars/Pulp Fiction mashups.
- If Link had an iPhone, it would be a lot easier to navigate Hyrule.
- Mike Ditka as a bear.
- Pac-Man Battle Royale is a new multi-player version of the game where the Pac-Men can eat each other. Good lord!
- A Michael Jackson-themed massively multiplayer game? That's terrifying.
|Tagged (?): Animals (Not), Art (Not), Avengers (Not), Captain America (Not), Cartoons (Not), Clothing (Not), Comedy (Not), Comic books (Not), Harry Potter (Not), Hellboy (Not), Hulk (Not), Iron Man (Not), Links (Not), Lists (Not), Mashups (Not), Movies (Not), News (Not), Photography (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Sports (Not), Star Trek (Not), Star Wars (Not), Superman (Not), Terminator (Not), TV (Not), Video (Not), Video games (Not), Zelda (Not)|