|Monday, February 27, 2012 10:34 AM|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- Fun with lyrics!
- A wonderful animated gif of an amusing moment in one of Mr. Eddie Izzard's stand-up routines.
- A real, solid, scientific explanation of why cats purr.
- Mr. Hipp mashes up Star Wars and Super Mario Bros.
- Ridley Scott explains the connection between Alien and Prometheus. I'm still a little confused, but okay.
- The evolution of "Weird" Al.
- We can print robot dinosaurs now?? Awesome.
- Here's a computer case made to look like Link.
- Amazing, gigantic Lord of the Rings family tree. (Via)
- Tongue-based computer controller!
- Hey, that dude from The Killing might be Robocop.
- A couple of interesting pics of Benedict Cumberbatch on the set of Star Trek 2. Looks like he's getting the ol' neck pinch!
- When I heard they were re-releasing the universally reviled Phantom Menace in theaters in 3D, I was really curious what kind of audience it would have. I mean, everybody says they hate this movie! Why would anyone pay extra to see it again in one more dimension than before? Then again, it's Star Wars. Star Wars has a certain cache. And nerds are famous for paying for things so they can then complain about them endlessly. Plus, there's the kid factor. Kids don't know they're supposed to hate The Phantom Menace. Well, looks like the nerd and kid factors won out, because the 3D version made $73.4 million in less than two weeks and pushed the movie's overall box office total over the billion dollar mark to make it the 11th highest grossing film of all time. Wow.
- Speaking of Star Wars, here are some rejected Star Wars products. Also, in the upcoming Star Wars game for Kinect, there will be a Slave Leia dance-off.
- Cute Wizard of Oz cupcakes.
- Here's a little boy piloting a mecha suit.
- I love this stamp.
|Tagged (?): Animals (Not), Animated GIFs (Not), Art (Not), Celebrities (Not), Comedy (Not), Computers (Not), Craft (Not), Dinosaurs (Not), Food (Not), Links (Not), Mario (Not), Mashups (Not), Movies (Not), Music (Not), Oz (Not), Photography (Not), Products (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Robots (Not), Science (Not), Star Trek (Not), Star Wars (Not), Technology (Not), The Killing (Not), Tolkien (Not), TV (Not), Video (Not), Video games (Not), Zelda (Not)|