|Thursday, August 11, 2011 03:28 PM|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- Some people are doing it right!
- A book of nursery rhymes in comic form by a bunch of famous cartoonists.
- Jaws as a Peanuts-style comic strip.
- What to expect from season 4 of Fringe. Exciting stuff!
- The Mars rover Opportunity is still running, finally arriving at its original destination, and getting ready to search for life.
- The School Board of Republic High School in Missouri banned Slaughterhouse-Five from the library, so the Vonnegut Memorial Library offered to provide a free copy to any of the 150 students who were originally supposed to read it.
- Along with the already existing nine (9!) film versions in development, there is now also a TV version of Frankenstein in the works. Naturally it is a "modern-day take" on the story. Oy.
- The Radiohead remix album is coming in September.
- Sam Bosma shows off a great commission piece featuring Lady Macbeth.
- Neat piece of Lovecraft-inspired art.
- SETI had to shut down its search for alien life back in April, but it's starting up again next month thanks to generous donations.
- It's nice to hear that J.J. Abrams would like to add a gay character to Star Trek.
- Apparently Disney announced it would be releasing two more Marvel movies in 2014 - one on May 16, 2014, and another on June 27, 2014 - but it's unclear who or what they'll be about.
- Blastr collects 24 wild and crazy newspaper headlines from sci-fi TV and films.
- 10 fictional games recreated in real life. I can't believe anybody really tried to play Kosho from The Prisoner. That crap was crazy, yo.
- T. Rex dressed as Batman.
- Scientists say spoilers don't really detract from your enjoyment of entertainment. Also, Rosebud was the name of his sled.
- The trailer for a modern-day update of Shakespeare's Coriolanus. Looks good!
- The descendants of snakes that escaped from the set of Raiders of the Lost Ark still roam Elstree Studios. That might be my favorite story of the week.
- An infographic of everyone killed by Jason in the Friday the 13th movies, including the method of their murders. Note that these are only the people killed by Jason, so the first movie is not included.
- Exhumed Films is doing their 24-hour Horror-thon at the iHouse again this year. Maybe someday when the kid is old enough I'll go to this with him. Assuming it's still happening then, and the kid likes horror movies, and doesn't mind being seen with me, and I'm still capable of sitting in a movie theater chair for that long without permanently injuring myself.
|Tagged (?): Animals (Not), Art (Not), Batman (Not), Books (Not), Comic books (Not), Dinosaurs (Not), Frankenstein (Not), Fringe (Not), Homosexuality (Not), Indiana Jones (Not), Links (Not), Lovecraft (Not), Mashups (Not), Movies (Not), Music (Not), News (Not), Parenthood (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Science (Not), Shakespeare (Not), Space (Not), Star Trek (Not), The Prisoner (Not), TV (Not)|