|Tuesday, March 16, 2010 11:37 AM|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- A cleverly altered movie poster.
- Some interesting suggestions for Disney concepts that deserve reimagining. I remember deeply loving both the book and the original film version of Something Wicked This Way Comes (although I haven't read or seen either in ages), so I'd be both excited about, and leery of, any kind of remake.
- Casting news for Green Lantern: Temuera "Jango Fett" Morrison will play Abin Sur and Taika Waititi will play Hal Jordan's best friend Thomas Kalmaku.
- If you're into this whole steampunk thing (which I sort of am), you'll probably want to check out this gallery of photos from a steampunk exhibition.
- Michel Gondry and Ghost World scribe Daniel Clowes are teaming up for two projects: a time-travel drama starring Ellen Page, and Megalomania, "an animated film about a group of children who harness the power of hair to save the world from an evil dictatorship." Uh... okay. Megalomania features the voice talents of Seth Rogen, Steve Buscemi, and Juliette Lewis. Gondry is apparently a busy guy these days, as he's also writing "The Return of The Ice Kids, a film about a curious form of water that allows you to hear music upon drinking it." He is truly a strange fellow.
- io9 pores over the available Predators info and finds some interesting stuff, including homages to past Predator films hidden in the new footage.
- Fun concept art for a failed Dan Dare TV movie.
- The vocals are imperfect, but otherwise Ted Leo And The Pharmacists' cover of Tears For Fears' "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" is pretty fun. Plus, it inspired me to listen to the original, which always fills me with joy.
- I was pretty excited when I heard that Mickey Rourke would play Conan's Dad in the new movie, but now it sounds like that's not to be. Thankfully, his replacement is as good or better: the mighty Ron Perlman!
- LEGO dinosaur skeleton.
- A couple of fun T-shirt designs.
- More amusing Star Wars propaganda posters.
- Pretty cool Batman art.
- Paul Atreides LEGO CubeDude! Nerdtastic!
- A selection of beautiful drawings by Kiersten Essenpreis.
- I don't want to like Adidas' new line of Star Wars sneakers and clothing, but man, some of this stuff is just awesome.
- A positive hands-on report on Metroid: Other M.
- Steven Spielberg is supposedly interested in directing a Drew "Cloverfield" Goddard adaptation of a new book called Robopocalypse, which is about... well, it's really pretty self-explanatory.
- David Fincher is in talks to direct Pawn Sacrifice, a movie about Bobby Fischer's life leading up to the legendary match against Boris Spassky. I've been disappointed by some of Fincher's recent work, and Fischer is just a complete nutcase anymore, but still, this could be interesting.
|Tagged (?): Art (Not), Batman (Not), Celebrities (Not), Clothing (Not), Comedy (Not), Craft (Not), Dinosaurs (Not), Disney (Not), Green Lantern (Not), LEGO (Not), Links (Not), Lists (Not), Metroid (Not), Movies (Not), Photography (Not), Predator (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Robots (Not), Shirts (Not), Star Wars (Not), Steampunk (Not), Toys (Not), TV (Not), Video games (Not)|